Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #17

This is a fabulous tool. In my classroom, when I teach Google, I teach kids what to look for in a quality website. The problem is that I simultaneously have to teach kids what to look for in the summary space of the website before clicking on the website itself. This would be a great tool to teach the kids to search in a safe, reliable set of sites before teaching what's wrong with Google. I created a rollyo for my wellness websites that I have bookmarked on my home computer. Then I did a random search and it came up with an automatic result that was much more direct than my typical Google search. I could see this could be helpful just for my own benefit.

Here is my link, but it is a generic link, so I don't think my search roll will show up when you go to that link. http://www.rollyo.com/index.html

No comments: