Friday, July 17, 2009

7 1/2 things (#2)

I think my strongest of the 7 Things is "Begin with a Goal in Mind." I live my life based on goals. Goals for the school year teaching - I want to have this percentage of students pass the TAKS, I want to have this percentage of students get a 3 on their writing, etc. Personal - I want to remember not to respond to students this way, etc. I basically have goals for every aspect of my life, big or small, plus long term and short term goals for each section.

What I feel like is my weakest is the 6th one, use technology to my advantage. I probably use it more than other teachers, but I am trying to move into librarian mode. In my classroom, I have a Promethean board and projector, my student computers, and a scanner, plus all the standard equipment. I don't use the internet to its full advantage. That's mainly a time issue. This year, I am going to try to use blogs more in my classroom. Every year, I faithfully try to add another component.

No comments: